Swoop’s operating system challenges many paradigms governing defining a scalable API. Management, security, and interoperability each will be re-imagined in how Swoop’s OS exposes interfaces to inputs and outputs within the stack. You will have a role developing APIs that Swoop developers leverage to build user-facing applications running on the Swoop platform. These APIs will be further leveraged and exposed to 3rd parties to further develop an ecosystem of novel applications running on the Swoop OS.
- Develop and build end to end and general purpose features
- Work to standardize the manner in which we implement data structure handling. E.g – how we handle a byte arrays across all parts of our code base
- Build role based access into the product; work to define services and queues within our distributed systems
- Design SDK’s for internal and external use
- Work on message brokering within our distributed services
- Ensure our services have strong availability and service level agreements across our code base
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent technical experience
- 2+ yrs in backend software development writing scalable code and/or modern API’s structured from databases/data lakes from service to client
- Proficient Python coding ability with good understanding of data structures and data models
- Exposure to containerization software like Docker or Kubernetes
- Understanding of basic software security standards
- Experience with one or more of the following: Apache – Spark, Lucene, Solr or RabbitMQ
- Experience handling multimedia data structures and indexing
Swoop Search is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.