Joining our Infrastructure engineering team, you will be tasked with creating the future of search at the edge of computing. The new generation of search does not end at the results stage. With globally distributed users, and varying network access, our Infrastructure team tackles the next generation of distributed systems connecting data to programming at the edge. You’ll have technical exposure to search, indexing, sharding, distributed caching, load balancing, compute resource management, and reconfiguration of programmed autonomy.
- Build and scale our search infrastructure
- Build a mature sharding strategy that will lower costs to customers, enabling faster and more accurate results. Milliseconds truly matter to our customers
- Build a distributed index sharding probabilistically and deterministically. The system must balance the two requirements and associated trade-offs into a single optimized and globally scalable system
- Collaborate closely with the Edge and Front End engineering team, solving technical challenges for various customer requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Physics, Math, related technical field, or equivalent technical experience
- 2+ years of experience in Distributed Systems and Performance Optimization
- Experience programming in Python, Java, or C++
- Demonstrated expertise in systematic instrumentation, monitoring, test, and measurement frameworks for infrastructure
- Strong understanding of service oriented architectures & security
- Experience with database design architecture
- Machine Learning implementation
- Mathematics – proficient understanding of linear algebra, multivariate systems, or stochastic calculus
Swoop Search is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.