Joining our Edge engineering team, you will be working on building the fabric that makes programming at the edge possible. You will have the opportunity to solve challenges in the largest infrastructures to create network programmability through building a completely new kernel, running absent of traditional operating systems. Your work will create a fundamentally new architecture, bringing together and orchestrating change across secure communication networks, future supply chain management, alternative energy, manufacturing, smart warehouses, and grids.
- Develop an adaptable kernel to consume resources on a target host platform (sensor, router, computing platform, network controller, etc.) and create a secure runtime enclave for mission critical applications.
- Implement dynamic memory partition mapping into the build system for the kernel
- Security is of the utmost importance. Develop security systems within the kernel to operate and defend applications against external factors
- Collaborate closely with the infrastructure engineering team, solving technical challenges for various customer requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related technical field, or equivalent technical experience
- 2+ years of experience in one or more of the following: Operating System/Kernel development, RTOS, Embedded Systems/Firmware design, Microkernel development, Bare Metal development
- Software development experience in C/C++
- Understanding of low level hardware systems
- Experience with Audio or Video processing or RF/DSP
- Knowledge of one or more of the following: Microcontrollers, SoC, device drivers, hardware bringup, power management, ARM processors, performance optimization, file systems, bootloading, firmware, x86 assembly, system BIOS, FPGAs or hardware/software integration
- Understanding of clocks and timing as it pertains to processor instructions
- Familiarity with serial protocols such as I2C, SPI
Swoop Search is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.