Joining Swoop’s engineering team, you will develop backend features all the way from design to shipping them to production. You’ll learn to bring the simplicity of web search engines to enterprise search. The difference between the two is while web search deals with HTML as a data source, enterprises and governments have nearly endless data structures. Each conceivable data structure has to be migrated into our distributed index, and its unique attributes mapped to scores that are then generalizable by higher level abstractions the query systems can understand. You’ll get exposure to distributed systems at scale, search and indexing, network traffic optimization, data processing, and API development.
- Come up to speed with Swoop’s product ecosystem bringing an interest and ability to solve problems ranging from large scale distributed systems, data processing and index serving, API’s, and SDK’s.
- Build and ship end to end features to production
- Be versatile, display leadership qualities, and enthusiasm to take on new problems
- Collaborate and communicate effectively, bringing new ideas to the table
- Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field
- Experience with Python, C, or C++
- Experience working with Data Structures and Algorithms (Prior internships, coursework/projects, or other practical experience in/outside of school or work)
- Prioritizes testing and building impactful frameworks
- Experience working one or more of the following: distributed and parallel systems, operating systems (Unix/Linux), machine learning, information retrieval, network programming, developing large software systems, and/or security software development.
Swoop Search is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.