We are building a GPS system, but without satellites. Using clocks, RF technologies and strategies, and ML, the platform must deliver position, time, and navigation capabilities at configurable accuracy and scale. As part of this we have to re-build NTP, PTP, and other timing protocols to improve precision, while maintaining backwards compatibility with systems that require NTP. At the core of the entire system is security, building assurance, resilience, and graceful degradation into the protocol and algorithm framework. While starting with time as an asset, we are exploring multiple different phenomenologies of data, sensors, and science that may constitute a family of subsystems that are harnessed to achieve our mission. Guiding all work is the notion of “what if space access wasn’t available.”
- Build a sovereign and secure GPS system capable of operating persistently without space connectivity.
- Integrate atomic clocks from multiple countries into the Swoop Clock Server, such that crystal phases can be drawn in from simultaneous session based requests. Atomic clocks should serve up multiple domains of clock domain access to requesting parties, each with its own level of precision.
- Re-build NTP, PTP, and other timing protocols to improve precision, while maintaining backwards compatibility with systems that require NTP
- Background in a relevant technical discipline such as Aerospace Engineering, Controls Engineering, Physics or a similar field.
- Experience working on GPS-based systems or has incorporated them into other technical systems
- Proficiency with one or more of: GPS, Precise Time Protocol, Synchronous Ethernet, RF, Controls Engineering, Guidance/Navigation/Control (GNC), distributed/multi-modal sensor fusion, autonomous systems, dynamics, path planning algorithms, or magnetic fields.
- Proficiency programming in one of the following: C for embedded systems, assembly or machine code, MATLAB, or C++
- Experience with systems engineering or large scale system design
- Competent writer, able to communicate difficult concepts succinctly
- Mathematical expertise in linear algebra, multivariate systems, stochastic calculus, partial differential equations, or game theory
Swoop Search is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.